Google

Monday, February 26, 2007

I'm here... and in Williamsburg

So, I haven't posted in a while. But I'm still here. I have a lot of things I want to post about that I didn't get a chance to yet, so don't be surprised if a whole bunch of posts just appear suddenly in a few days like an avalanche. In the meantime, I am happy to report that Manhattan is not the only choice in town for a good old gallery hop. Last weekend me and my gf went to a gallery event in Williamsburg, where a whole bunch of galleries stayed open till 11pm. Here's some more info here: RAW After Hours. Overall, I'd give the whole thing mixed reviews. Most galleries weren't serving any alcohol, which is always a drawback, and some places were actually closed, yes CLOSED, even though they advertised as being open. It didn't help that a lot of the galleries were spaced out quite aways apart and it was absolutely frigid out. A couple highlights did stand out. There was an interesting exhibit at LMAK Projects which is actually a gallery located in somebody's apartment. The vibe was cool as people were just lounging in this apartment, eating cheese and drinking whiskey. It had the feel of a hip house party, so all was well. The best show was at Figureworks , which featured the art of Joshua Katcher , who apparently is having some success as a filmmaker as well, having screened at Cannes. Check out his work yourself, it's pretty good, and was the best stuff on the entire circuit.

That's all for now, but expect a lot of new posts in the coming days (to make up for all the prior inactivity).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home